Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Broken Glass

A broken glass lay on my window sill
i watched it roll in the gentle breeze
the shifting clouds bend the light
a lonely star stood watching me ...

Moist hands on my face..
dew drops fell on my fingers..
i rose from the unmade bed..
a child standing there...

i kept her on my lap
wiped the rivers from her face..
her fingers found a hole..
my nose wriggled in pain

I searched my yellow room
found a Buddha in my bag..
she played it for hours.
a smile spread over her face..
my Buddha smiled at me...


i held her in my arms..
trickled her below the feet.
in a moment of ecstasy
she scratched my face
a drop of blood
Unwilling to fall
danced.. joy in pain


she fell on her back..
the gentle breeze
rocked her to sleep
a bead of love floated
over her face..
only to fall on her lovely dimples...

For many a nights..
i watched the broken glass
lying on my window sill
i lay awake in unmade bed..
waiting to hear her giggle...

in those moments i feel
for the scar she left in my
broken life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Me. said...

Drenched with feeling...

1:43 PM  
Blogger illias elambilakode || ഇരുട്ടിലെ പാട്ടുകാരന്‍ said...

good work.

keep it up.

7:10 AM  
Blogger വഴിപോക്കന്‍ said...

Good work, good piecce of art, Peter

have a doubt on a line which goes like.. "rocked her to sleep"

is that possible?

3:40 AM  
Blogger pophabhi said...

Its cold out there. So are our lives.
The writing is warm...with cold.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Hafis said...

wow!!!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sashu... said...

heartfelt...n daz wat i loved abt diz one!!!!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home